The first word most children learn to read is their name. Which is why the letters that make up their name are often the first letters a child learns to identify. This activity is a super fun way to help your child identify certain letters and build their name.
- Posterboard or Cardstock (I used heavy Cardstock taped together)
- Painters Tape
- Black Marker
- Sticky Notes
- Pick out your main piece of paper for the name and write out the full name to use as the example
- Tape together your board if using cardstock. If using a poster board cut up the way you would like to lay it out.
- Write the child’s name using blanks for the letters you would like your child to fill in with a sticky note.
- Cut sticky notes in half
- Write a missing letter on each sticky note
- Tape the activity to the floor or wall
- Line up sticky note letters at the bottom of the activity
- Have fun learning