Our Reggio Emilia-inspired curriculum, Creatively Shine™, consists of fun, engaging monthly themes like “Giving Back” and “I am Special.”
The theme for June is Sports & Gaming.
As a Reggio Emilia school, we must ensure selections are age-appropriate, ask questions before, after and during the book. Encourage your children to play/act out the plot. Bring the books to life and make reading fun.
Here is our list of books that support our monthly curriculum theme.
- A Ball for Daisy | Author: Chris Raschka
- Big, Small, Little Red Ball | Author: Emma Dodd
- Dino-basketball | Authors: Lisa Wheeler and Barry Gott
- G is for Gold Medal: An Olympics Alphabet | Authors: Brad Herzog and Doug Bowles
- How to Train with a T. Rex and Win 8 Gold Medals | Authors: Michael Phelps, Alan Abrahamson and Ward Jenkins
- Olympics! | Authors: B.G. Hennessy and Michael Chesworth
- Olympig | Author: Victoria Jamieson
- Play Ball! | Author: Santiago Cohen
- Three Cheers for Tacky | Author: Scott Foresman
- Winners Never Quit! | Authors: Mia Hamm and Carol Thompson