Our Reggio Emilia-inspired curriculum, Creatively Shine™, consists of fun, engaging monthly themes like “Music & Movement” and “Farm Animals.”
The theme for July is Oceans of Fun.
As a Reggio Emilia school, we must ensure selections are age-appropriate, ask questions before, after and during the book. Encourage your children to play/act out the plot. Bring the books to life and make reading fun.
Here is our list of books that support our monthly curriculum theme.
- Beach Day | Authors: Karen Roosa and Maggie Smith
- Deep Sea Dive – Lift-the-Flap Adventures | Author: Salina Yoon
- Good Night Beach | Authors: Adam Gamble and Cooper Kelly
- Good Night Ocean | Authors: Mark Jasper and Cooper Kelly
- I’m The Biggest Thing in the Ocean! | Author: Kevin Sherry
- On the Beach – Lift-the-Flap | Authors: Alastair Smith, Laura Howell and Ian Jackson
- Over in the Ocean: In a Coral Reef | Authors: Marianne Berkes and Jeanette Canyon
- The Magic School Bus on the Ocean Floor | Authors: Joanna Cole and Bruce Degen
- To the Beach! | Authors: Linda Ashman and Nadine Bernard Westcott
- Under the Sea | Authors: Anna Milbourne, Cathy Shimmen and Nicola Butler
- Wave | Author: Suzy Lee