As parents, we must ensure our reading selections are age-appropriate and then strive to ask questions before, during and after the book. It may also be beneficial to have your children play or act out the plot. Bringing books to life can help make reading fun for everyone involved.
Our Reggio Emilia-inspired curriculum, Creatively Shine™, consists of fun, engaging monthly themes like “Wordly Weather” and “Music & Movement.”
The theme for November is “Building Character” and “Thanksgiving.”
Here is our list of books that support our monthly curriculum theme.
- Kindness and Generosity: Starts with Me! By Jodie Shepherd
- Pay it Forward by Catherine Ryar Hyde
- Grateful: A Song of Giving Thanks | Authors: John Bucchino and Anna-Liisa
- Howard B. Wigglebottom and the Power of Giving | Authors Howard Binkow
- One Little, Two Little, Three Little Pilgrims | Authors: B.G. Hennessy and Lynne
- David Goes to School by David Shannon
- Thanks for Thanksgiving | Authors: Julie Markes and Doris Barrette
- Thanksgiving Is for Giving Thanks | Authors: Margaret Sutherland and Sonja
- The Berenstain Bears and the Joy of Giving | Authors: Jan Berenstain and Mike
- The Rainbow Fish | Authors: Marcus Pfister and J Alison James