Our Reggio Emilia-inspired curriculum, Creatively Shine™, consists of fun, engaging monthly themes like “All About Me” and “Discovering the Arctic.”
The theme for June is Spectacular Space.
As a Reggio Emilia school, we must ensure selections are age-appropriate, ask questions before, after and during the book. Encourage your children to play/act out the plot. Bring the books to life and make reading fun.
Here is our list of books that support our monthly curriculum theme.
- Curious George and the Rocket | Author: H. A. Rey
- I Want to Be an Astronaut | Author: Byron Barton
- Me and My Place in Space | Authors: Joan Sweeney and Annette Cable
- Mousetronaut: Based on a (Partially) True Story | Authors: Mark Kelly and C. F. Payne
- Personal Space Camp | Author: Julia Cook and Carrie Hartman
- Roaring Rockets | Authors: Tony Mitton and Ant Parker
- Space Boy | Author: Leo Landry
- The Three Little Aliens and the Big Bad Robot | Authors: Margaret McNamara and Mark Fearing
- There’s No Place Like Space: All About Our Solar System (Cat in the Hat’s Learning Library) | Authors: Tish Rabe and Aristides Ruiz
- What’s Out There?: A Book about Space | Author: Lynn Wilson and Paige Billin-Frye