Our Reggio Emilia-inspired curriculum, Creatively Shine™, consists of fun, engaging monthly themes like “Spectacular Space” and “Creepy Crawlies.”
The theme for March is Rainforest and Desert Enrichment.
As a Reggio Emilia school, we must ensure selections are age-appropriate, ask questions before, after and during the book. Encourage your children to play/act out the plot. Bring the books to life and make reading fun.
Here is our list of books that support our monthly curriculum theme.
- Fernando’s Gift | Author: Douglas Keister
- In the Deep Red Desert | Authors: Angie Lionetto-Civa and Christina Booth
- Looking Closely in the Rainforest | Author: Frank Serafini
- One Hundred One Questions About Desert Life | Author: Alice Jablonsky
- Over the Jungle | Authors: Marianne Berkes and Jeanette Canyon
- Slowly, Slowly, Slowly, Said the Sloth | Author: Eric Carle
- Stellaluna | Author: Janell Cannon
- The Great Kapok Tree: A Tale of the Amazon Rain Forest | Author: Lynne Cherry