In light of recent events, families are finding themselves in the position of not only being at home with their children for an extended period of time but educating them as well.
We are here to help with some great books that the entire family can enjoy. Here is March’s suggested reading list to go along with Little Sunshine’s monthly curriculum theme, Mountains & Forests.
- All About Bears – Jennifer Szymanski
- Pandas – Anne Schreiber
- Oh Beyond Bugs! All About Insects – Tish Rabe
- Who is in the Egg? – Alexandra Milton
- I am NOT a Sleepy Sloth – Jane Riordan
- The Bug Girl (a true story) – Sophia Spencer with Margaret McNamara
- Amazing Animal Journeys – Chris Packham
- What’s Next? – Timothy Knapman
- The Bear Must Go On – Dev Petty
As a Reggio Emilia school, we ensure book selections are age-appropriate. We encourage you to ask questions before, after and during the book to help your children understand the story. You can help bring books to life and make reading fun by having your children play a character or act out the plot.
Interested in learning more tips about reading, check out our blog How to Make the Most of Reading to Your Child.