Music & Movement: At-home activity
Our Creatively Shine Curriculum™ theme this month is “Music & Movement”. For our at-home activity this month, we’ve created a special project for the whole family to participate in!
To help foster a love of music and appreciation for dance, there are several fun projects and activities you can do at home with your child! You can simply get some kitchen items together (such as pans, Tupperware and spoons) and make yourself a family band. Record a video of your music and dancing to enjoy over and over again with your child.
Kids Dance Songs Little Sunshine’s Playhouse Suggests
- When Can I See You Again? by Owl City
- Happy – From “Despicable Me 2” by Pharrell Williams
- Can’t Stop the Feeling! (From DreamWorks Animation’s “Trolls”) by Justin Timberlake
- Macarena by Los Del Rio
- Shake It Off by Taylor Swift
Other Music & Movement Articles
- The Best Books About Music & Movement
- The Developmental Benefits of Musical Education for Preschoolers
- Preschool Dance Activities Promote Learning Through Movement
If you want to learn more about all of our exciting lesson themes at Little Sunshine’s Playhouse®, contact a location near you today!