Our Reggio Emilia-inspired curriculum, Creatively Shine™, consists of fun, engaging monthly themes like “Fall Harvest” and “Safety.”
The theme for July is Journey Across America.
As a Reggio Emilia school, we must ensure selections are age-appropriate, ask questions before, after and during the book. Encourage your children to play/act out the plot. Bring the books to life and make reading fun.
Here is our list of books that support our monthly curriculum theme.
- A Kid’s Guide to Washington, D.C. | Author: Miriam Chernick
- America: A Patriotic Primer | Authors: Lynne Cheney and Robin Preiss Glasser
- F Is For Flag | Authors: Wendy Cheyette Lewison and Barbara Duke
- Good Night (Board Book) | Author: Adam Gamble
- Good Night San Diego | Author: Adam and Kelly Gamble
- “Hey Ranger!” Kids Ask Questions About Grand Canyon National Park | Authors: Kim Williams Justesen and Judy Newhouse
- I Pledge Allegiance | Authors: Bill Martin Jr., Michael Sampson and Chris Rasch
- Our 50 States | Authors: Lynne Cheney and Robin Preiss Glasser
- Sweet Land of Liberty (Ellis the Elephant) |Authors: Callista Gingrich and Susan Arciero
- We the Kids: A Preamble to the Constitution of the United States | Author: David Catrow