Our Reggio Emilia-inspired curriculum, Creatively Shine™, consists of fun, engaging monthly themes like “Discovering the Arctic” and “Winter Wonderland.”
The theme for October is Fall Harvest.
As a Reggio Emilia school, we must ensure selections are age-appropriate, ask questions before, after and during the book. Encourage your children to play/act out the plot. Bring the books to life and make reading fun.
Here is our list of books that support our monthly curriculum theme.
- Autumn: An Alphabet Acrostic | Author: Steven Schnur
- Fall (The Four Seasons) | Author: Maria Rius
- Inside a Barn in the Country | Author: Alyssa Satin Capucilli
- Leaf Jumpers | Author: Carole Gerber
- Leaf Man | Author: Lois Ehlert
- Leaves | Author: David Ezra Stein
- Pumpkin Circle: The Story of a Garden | Author: George Levenson
- Red Leaf, Yellow Leaf | Author: Lois Ehlert
- The Grumpy Morning | Author: Pamela Duncan Edwards
- Why Do Leaves Change Color? | Author: Betsy Maestro