Our Reggio Emilia-inspired curriculum, Creatively Shine™, consists of fun, engaging monthly themes like “Giving Back” and “I am Special.”
The theme for May is Creepy Crawlies.
As a Reggio Emilia school, we must ensure selections are age-appropriate, ask questions before, after and during the book. Encourage your children to play/act out the plot. Bring the books to life and make reading fun.
Here is our list of books that support our monthly curriculum theme.
- Are You a Snail? | Author: Judy Allen
- Bugs Are Insects | Authors: Anne Rockwell and Steve Jenkins
- Busy Bugs: A Book about Patterns | Authors: Jayne Harvey and Bernard Adnet
- The Illustrated World Encyclopedia of Insects |Author: Martin Walters
- Curious About Worms |Author: Kate Walters
- From Caterpillar to Butterfly | Author: Deborah Heiligman
- Luna, the Night Butterfly (Rhyming Book) | Author: Lily Lexington
- Miss Spider’s Tea Party: The Counting Book | Author: David Kirk
- The Ants Go Marching | Author: Scholastic Inc.
- The Illustrated Encyclopedia of Butterflies |Author Paul Smart
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar | Author: Eric Carle
- The Very Quiet Cricket (Board Book) | Author: Eric Carle
- There’s a Spider in My Shoe! (Silly Rhyming Book) | Authors: Michael Yu and Rachel Yu