Our Reggio Emilia-inspired curriculum, Creatively Shine™, consists of fun, engaging monthly themes like “All About Me” and “Safety.”
The theme for September is Community Helpers.
As a Reggio Emilia school, we must ensure selections are age-appropriate, ask questions before, after and during the book. Encourage your children to play/act out the plot. Bring the books to life and make reading fun.
Here is our list of books that support our monthly curriculum theme.
- Clothesline Clues to Jobs People Do | Authors: Kathryn and Hembrook Heling
- A Visit to the Post Office | Author: Sandra Ziegler
- Going to the Doctor | Authors: Anna Civardi and Stephen Cartwright
- What to Expect When You Go to the Dentist | Author: Heidi Murkoff
- I Stink! | Author: Kate McMullan
- School Crossing Guards | Author: Terri DeGezelle
- Smash! Mash! Crash! There Goes the Trash! | Author: Barbara Odanaka
- The Jolly Postman Hardcover | Author: Allan Ahlberg
- The Special One: The Story of a Police Dog | Author: Trish Keating
- Trashy Town | Author: Andrea Zimmerman