At Little Sunshine’s Playhouse, we recognize that reading to your child is one of the most effective ways to build the “language” neural connections in their growing brain as well as the strong base for cognitive development. Reading to your children has so many benefits and we encourage you to read with your child every day.
Our Reggio Emilia-inspired curriculum, Creatively Shine™, consists of fun, engaging monthly themes like “Transportation” and “Mountains & Forests.”
The theme for October is “Farm Animals.”
Here is our list of books that support our monthly curriculum theme.
- Charlotte’s Web |Author: E.B. White
- Giggle, Giggle, Quack | Doreen Cronin
- Does a Cow Say Boo? | Author: Judy Hindley
- Barnyard Dance! | Author: Sandra Boynton
- Big Red Barn | Authors: Margaret Wise Brown and Felicia Bond
- Farm Animals | Author: Phoebe Dunn
- Funny Farm | Author: Mark Teague
- Jobs on a Farm | Author: Nancy Dickmann
- Moo Moo, Brown Cow | Authors: Jakki Wood and Rog Bonner
- Old Macdonald Had a Farm | Authors: Child’s Play and Pam Adams
- Open the Barn Door| Author: Christopher Santoro
- Sheep in a Jeep | Authors: Nancy E. Shaw and Margot Apple