Our Reggio Emilia-inspired curriculum, Creatively Shine™, consists of fun, engaging monthly themes like “Safety” and “Spectacular Space.”
The theme for August is I am Special/All About Me.
As a Reggio Emilia school, we must ensure selections are age-appropriate, ask questions before, after and during the book. Encourage your children to play/act out the plot. Bring the books to life and make reading fun.
Here is our list of books that support our monthly curriculum theme.
- All by Myself! | Author: Aliki
- All Families Are Special | Author: Norma Simon and Teresa Flavin
- Babies Don’t Eat Pizza: A Big Kids’ Book About Baby Brothers and Baby Sisters | Author: Dianne Danzig and Debbie Tilley
- Calvin Can’t Fly: The Story of a Bookworm Birdie | Author: Jennifer Berne
- Copy Me, Copycub | Author: Richard Edwards
- Cowboy Slim | Author: Julie Danneberg
- Families | Author: Ann Morris
- I Like Me! | Author: Nancy Carlson
- I Like Myself! | Author: Karen Beaumont and David Catrow
- I’m Gonna Like Me | Authors: Jamie Lee Curtis and Laura Cornell
- Marvelous Me: Inside and Out | Author: Lisa Bullard
- No Matter What | Author: Debi Gliori
- The Family Book | Author: Todd Parr
- The Story of Ferdinand | Author: Munro Leaf
- What I Like About Me | Author: Allia Zobel Nolan
- Who’s in a Family? | Author: Robert Skutch