Once you start eating these delicious Roasted Cinnamon-Sugar Pecans you won’t be able to stop! This is a fun and easy at-home activity the whole family can help with.
- 1 Egg White
- 1 tablespoon Cinnamon, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 lb Pecans (Note: This recipe can be made with a variety of nuts, not just pecans. Feel free to change it up and use walnuts, almonds, pecans or a mix of your favorites.)
- 2 teaspoons water
- Large Bowl
- Baking Sheet
- Wisk/or Fork
- Measuring Cups
- Ziplock Bag
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or non-stick foil.
- Mix the sugar, cinnamon and salt in a large ziplock bag.
- Whisk the egg white, vanilla and water with a fork in a large bowl until frothy.
- Add the pecans (or almonds) to the egg white mixture and stir until they are well coated.
- Pour the pecans into the ziplock bag, seal and shake until well coated with your cinnamon/sugar mixture.
- Spread them out on your prepared baking sheet into a single layer.
- Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
Looking for other at-home activities, educational resources and virtual tours? Visit our Coronavirus Resource Center.